WHAT TO DO & WHAT NOT TO DO
It might be possible NIFT completely changes the pattern and gives something new which you have never seen or heard of. Don’t panic, it is new for everyone, and try to give your best.
1. Reach the exam centre at least one hour before the given time on your call letter.
2. Keep all the materials mentioned in the call letter in your bag, do not carry extra materials which are not mentioned.
3. Check your first round admit card, call letter, and ID proof with you.
4. Do carry bandages with you. 5. Do not eat outside food one day before the exam.
As you know your exam will be of 2 hours, try to complete your test in one and a half hours so that you can do final revision and make your model best of the best.
While taking your test follow these guidelines:
– READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY !!!!
– First of all take a good look at the materials provided to you.
– Pick a question according to your comfort.
– Make a rough sketch of your model in starting 10 minutes and plan everything, as in, what do you want to make and how you are going to use your materials for coming one and a half hours.
– After 10 minutes, all you have to do is just copy your sketch and execute your plan for next one and a half hours.
-Write the write-up and make a labelled product sketch on the given sheet. If they say , do not make the sketch , then please do not make the sketch . So ask the invigilator in your room , if you can sketch your model or not ?
– Clean your area and put all the waste back in the given kit box quickly.
– Now judge your model for stability and add some more detailing in model as well as sketch, if required.
– Use 80% or plus of the material given.
– Make your model big and crafty.
– Do present your model nicely.
– Use the craft techniques which you have learnt on your model .
SKETCH: (Only if it is allowed)
– Make a pencil sketch of your model in perspective or simply do live drawing of your final model.
– Label all the important things like what is what? With a pencil only.
– Do not write about the material while labelling. model is enough to showcase the materials used.
– Write plays a very important role in the Situation test. Give the write it’s due respect and gives it proper time in the two hours exam. Bad handwriting makes a very bad impact.
– Try to write everything in bold letters to prevent any misreading.
– You can give your model and name. But once again if it is mentioned that do not give a name to your model then avoid.
– In Your write up, mention the thoughts behind the model. No need to give a detailed explanation if its a 50 words write up.
– If it’s a 100 words write up then you can elaborate your model.
– Make sure there is no spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
– TRY NOT TO EXCEED THE WORD LIMIT GIVEN BY NIFT .
MOST IMPORTANT :
Do not use pen or pencils on your model. Do not write things like “prem ka dhaba” or anything on the model. If you want to write anything then write it with paper.
Do not write your name/roll number/phone number anywhere if it’s not asked.
Do not lend your stationaries to your neighbours.
Be the last person to leave the room after the exam.
No matter what Do not take any help from anyone, or do not help anyone.
Stability is very important. An unstable product is as bad as there is no product.
SOME SAMPLES OF GOOD SITUATION WORK :