QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE – ASSIGNMENT
Dont take more than a minute to solve each question !
- Two numbers are in the ratio 5:8. If the sum of the numbers is 182, find the numbers.
- The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 15. If the number formed by reversing the digits is less than the original number by 27, find the original number. (96)
- The denominator of a rational number is greater than its numerator by3. If 3 is subtracted from the numerator and 2 is added to its denominator, the new number becomes 1/5. Find the original number. (5/8)
- The length of a rectangle exceeds its breadth by 9cm.If the length and breadth both are increased by 3cm, the area of the new rectangle will be 84cm2 more than the original area. Find the length and the breadth. (17cm,8cm)
- A streamer goes downstream and covers a distance between two ports in 4 hours while it covers the same distance upstream in 5 hours. If the speed of the stream is 2km/hr, find the speed of the streamer in still water. (18kmph)
- The distance between 2 stations is 425km. Two trains start simultaneously from these stations on parallel track to cross each other. The speed of one train is greater than the other by 5km/hr. If the distance between the two trains after 3 hours is 20km, find the speed of each train. (65kmph,70kmph)
- Two years ago, Dilip was three times as old as his son and two years hence, twice his age will be equal to five times that of his son. Find their present ages. (38yrs, 14yrs)
- Four-fifth of a number is 10 more than two-third of the number. Find the number.(75)
- Three numbers are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the largest and the smallest equals
the sum of the third and 55, find the numbers. (44,55,66)
- If 10 is added to four times a number, the result is 5 less than five times the number.
Find the number. (15)
- Find three consecutive odd numbers whose sum is 147. (47,49,51)
- Find three consecutive even numbers whose sum is 234. (76,78,80)
- The digit in the tens place of a two-digit number is three times the digit in the units
place. If the digits are reversed, the new number formed will be 36 less than the original
number. Find the original number. (62)
- Divide 150 into three parts such that the second part is five-sixth the first and the third
is four-fifth the second. (60,50,40)
- Divide 4500 into two parts such that 5% of the first part is equal to 10% of the second
- Half of a herd of deer are grazing and three-fourth of the remaining are roaming around.
The rest 9 are drinking water. Find the number of deer in the herd. (72)
- A man is 10 times older than his son. He is also 54 years older than him. Find their
present ages. (60,16)
- Sum of three consecutive integers is 51. The middle one is ___ (17)
- Number of boys and girls in a class are in the ratio 7:5. The number of boys is 8 more
than the number of girls. What is the total strength? (48)
- A number is increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. Find the aggregate %
change. (4% decrease)
- Out of his total salary, Sam spends 20% on house rent and 60% of the rest on household
expenditure. If he saves Rs. 2800, what is his monthly salary? (8750)
- The price of sugar goes up by 20%. By how much percent must a housewife reduce her
consumption of sugar so that the expenditure on sugar remains same? (16.67%)
- The population of a town increases by 6% annually. If the present population is 17490,
what was it a year ago? (16500)
- A’s income is 60% more than that of B. By what percent is B’s income less than A’s?
- An alloy contains 40% copper, 32% nickel and rest zinc. Find the mass of zinc in one kg of the alloy. (280gm)
…..To Be Continued ..